Scope and Focus
The main objective of the journal is to stimulate and encourage debate on key themes in the Humanities and Social Sciences that are both interdisciplinary and trans-disciplinary in scope. The journal publishes articles of theoretical and empirical nature as well as short communications and book reviews. Occasionally, the journal publishes special issues devoted to selected themes. Such themes will be announced in advance.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
- Manuscripts are to be submitted in English in all the sections. Translations should be provided where data or other narratives are in languages other than English and should be kept to the minimum.
- Articles will be examined by the Editorial Board, internal and external reviewers. Contributions will be considered in the light of an international readership, and will be selected on the basis of anonymous (double-blinded) peer review reports.
- Articles to be submitted as Microsoft Word (.doc) file or equivalent editable version.
- The manuscript shall contain the following items; title, author(s), abstract (200 – 300 words), key words (3-8 words), introduction, literature, methodology, results and discussion, conclusion, references, appendices, etc.
- The title of the paper should have up to 21 words and should be clear.
- All of the authors’ details must be clearly identified on the first page of the manuscript including affiliations and designations and correct email addresses. A correspondence email should also be provided.
- Spell out abbreviations and acronyms the first time they are used in the text.
- Line spacing should be one-and-a-half and a font size of 12 in Times New Roman.
- Contributions should be accompanied by a statement that manuscript has not been published, and that, if accepted for publication in the Journal, they will not be submitted for publication elsewhere without the agreement of the Editor of the Journal.
- Articles are accepted for publication on the understanding that they are subject to editorial revision and that the right of publication in any form or language is reserved by the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya.
- The preferred length of manuscripts is 5,000 to 8,000 words and to be submitted by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronic soft copies of the manuscript will be accepted.
- All tables, figures and plates should have a caption. For tables, caption is put at the top while for figures and plates captions are put below.
- Figures and plates borrowed from other sources should be clear and in high resolution.
- Permission to use figures and plates should be sought and the source acknowledged if they have been published elsewhere.
- If there are photographs by the authors, at least one name of the author and the date should be provided.
- All articles submitted to Chemchemi must adhere to the APA referencing style – refer to APA latest edition.
- Authors wishing to withdraw their manuscripts submitted to the Journal should do so in writing to the Editor-in-Chief. Such requests would be considered depending on the stage of review of the manuscript.
Authors are encouraged to consult the Editor-in-Chief on any matter that requires further clarification.
Peer review policy
All articles submitted to Chemchemi International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences are subjected to a rigorous peer review process