The Kenyatta University Journal of Children’s Rights (KUJCR) is a peer-reviewed flagship publication of Kenyatta University School of Law, Arts and Social Sciences. The Journal publishes scholarly work on not only diverse legal and multidisciplinary topics on children’s rights but it also discusses developments, challenges and opportunities faced by children nationally, regionally and globally. Besides, the Journal promotes dialogue and collaboration among individuals working in the field of children’s rights hence advancing the understanding and implementation of children's rights.
The KUJCR runs two issues each year: Issue No. 1 in June and Issue No. 2 in December
The KUJCR is an online open access publication. The link to access is: https://journals.ku.ac.ke/
In addition, hard copies are printed and offered for purchase.
Peer Review Process:
The KUJCR follows a rigorous peer review process and all manuscripts received for consideration are carefully and thoroughly reviewed first by the Editorial Committee of the Journal. The Committee selects the articles which are then sent to the external peer reviewers. The KUJCR follows double blind review process and the names of reviewers and authors are not revealed to each other, maintaining anonymity at all stages, for an objective assessment of the manuscripts. The authors are then notified about the decision regarding publication through email.
Research Integrity/ Ethics:
The KUJCR expects authors to abide by the best standards of academic integrity and intellectual honesty. Manuscripts submitted for publication in KUJCR should be original. Manuscripts which are already published in other journals, anthologies, etc., should not be submitted for publication in KUJCR.
At the time of the submission of manuscript, an author(s) is required to submit a declaration as to the originality of the manuscript. The manuscript should be the author’s original work and the same must neither be a copied or a plagiarized version of some other published work. The declaration must mention clearly that the work has not been published before, and that the same is not under consideration for publication in any other journal. An author(s) must also declare that the views and opinions expressed in the manuscript is solely those of the author(s). Besides, an author(s) must declare that the manuscript contains no matter that is contrary to law.
The KUJCR complies with all prescribed regulations of Kenyatta University pertaining to academic integrity and prevention of plagiarism. All submissions are mandatorily checked for any form of plagiarism and similarity reports for each submission are duly generated by running them through the similarity detection software Turnitin.
The KUJCR accepts submissions throughout the year. The KUJCR prescribes the following paper format:
- All submissions are required to be addressed to the Editor-in-Chief.
- Abstracts should not exceed 300 words.
- The length of the paper, including tables, diagrams, illustrations, references, footnotes, etc., should not be less than 3,000 words and should not exceed 10,000 words.
- Name of author(s) including contact details, institutional affiliations, academic qualifications and topic of the paper should be in a covering letter. The paper should not capture such details anywhere.
- The paper should be in Times New Roman, font size 12, 1.5 spacing. Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10, with single line spacing.
- The citation must conform to OSCOLA, 4th Edition, 2012.
- All pages shall be numbered.
- Uniform date format should be used (g., 15th April 2023).
- The submission of the paper must be in “Word document” (.doc) or (.docx).
- The submission should contain a disclaimer to the effect that the piece is original and has not been published or is under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- All submissions will be subjected to a plagiarism
- Submissions should be sent to: email@example.com
Article Processing Fee:
The KUJCR does not charge any fees for publication.
The matters related to KUJCR should be addressed to:
Kenyatta University Journal of Children’s Rights,
Kenyatta University School of Law, Arts and Social Sciences,
P.o Box 43844 – 00100,
Phone: +254 738 360 868